Re: Water-wetter

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 20:23:43 EDT

<< For what it's worth. Vintage racers use WW all the time with good,
measurable
 results. The problem with it is that over time, it will find it's way out in
 the form of little seeps and leaks anywhere it can. That includes head
gasket
 joints, coolant hoses and T-stat housings. Let's face it, if your Dak
really
 needs WW, you have a problem that needs to be addressed properly. WW is a
 bandaid in street applications and should not be necessary. BTW, most of the
 vintage racers that run it are running British cars which are famous for
 overheating!
  Tom Ware
 Riverside, CA
 '98 5.2 CC
 '60 Austin-Healey 3000 >>

We ran it in our Datsun 510 racecar. Pure water, with one bottle of WW, no
cooling fan at all. Car NEVER got over 180 degrees. I put it in my Dak, and
along witht he MP computer picked up .38 in the 1/4. Granted most, if not
all, of that gain can be attributed to the computer, but I think WW is a good
alternative to the 180 thermostat mod everyone does. Doing basically the same
thing, lowering engine running temperature.

Brad