RE: ethanol was Re: Re[2]: SBEC REBATE

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 20:27:21 EDT

DML,
Doesnt ethanol have a very high inhernet octane rating, kinda like
propane? If so a purpose built ethanol motor could run massive
compression ratios and have Jets/ injectors that you could drive through
and create lots of HP with the requisite Baaaad mileage associated with
holland tunnel fuel delivery system profiles...I once "cheated" the smog
guys by converting a friends toyota to ethanol (for about two weeks) for
the exemption long ago. It ran well but didnt have a big enough fuel
tank and all of the rubber in the fuel system went south kinda fast...
BKB