RE: RE: RE: 1/4 mile times on the R/T

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 20:02:29 EDT

patrick,
I guess my sentiments run with the whipple, but I was actually referring
to the 360 HP claim from the Shelby guys. I did see a whippleized 360
ram SST turn some impressive times with no traction (spun his open ended
single drive into second with an auto) 15.6 down to his last run of
14.89 (so he said, I didnt see that slip). I did see him kick my R/T
butt after leaving most of one tire on the line. I had him by about 1.5
truck lengths after the 1/8th, but he hooked up and toasted me (15.1 to
my 15.77) by the same or more by the 1/4 mark. He did say he paid over
4K for the set up though (ouch)... I think (theoretically) the screw
design is more efficient and should create less heat? BUUUT, HPM did a
procharger challenger (non magnum 360) and squeezed over 360 HP out of
it @ 6 lbs boost with no intercooler (my numbers may be a little off
here) so I know the centrifugal blowers can "pump it up" too!
Hell, for 2100.00 and change my 72 cuda may need one of those..
BKB