Engine Swap

From: VEEEDUBBB@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 02:14:30 EDT

Has anyone else but me dropped a 318 in a early dakota such as an 87? i
am
wondering what luck you had and what problems you ran into. Mine is
running
nice now. I used the engine and transmission from a 1985 chrysler 5th
avenue.
It is a strong motor with a good automatic tranny. The rear end in the
truck
is much lower which affests the accuracy of the speedo, but for the most
part
that is the extent of my trouubles. If anyone wants to attempt this
procedure
let me know i'll tell you all of the stuff to watch out for

I'm new to the list and I have a 1987 LE with 168,000 miles on it. The
engine is OK, but I have recently been thinking about just such a swap.
I also figured an older, rebuilt 318 would be perfect. My questions
would be: did you have to modify the engine mounts? Or did it more or
less just drop in?

I would appreciate it if you would let me know what you found out.

Thanks, Gary Palmer