Re: Muffler options

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 12 1998 - 08:49:45 EDT

Bob
I had a dynomax on my 87 V6 and liked it. I was mellow with a deep tone and
gave me more mid-range acceleration. When I got my 92 V8, I went with the
Magnaflow. I love this thing. It sounds great although it is a little loud.
It would be quieter if I had the pipes exiting straight out the back. Still,
with all the windows up, its quiet inside.
One guy told me that it sound like I have a 360 not a 318.
I had mine installed for $200 with pipes bent at 45 deg.
The Dynomax was installed for $175 with a 2.5" single tailpipe (87's only had
2" exh.)
IMHO:
V6=Dynomax
V8=Magnaflow