Re: Questions, and thoughts

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 16:51:17 EDT

Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian wrote:

> > I've been told that 2" lowering spindles won't work with 15"
> >wheels. Anyone use 2" spindles, coils, or A arms? Pros/cons? Also, any
> >recommendations on sway bars? Stay with the stock front sway bar?
> >Replace with Heavier one? Add rear sway bar? How about shock
> >recommendations??

I don't think there is anyone making spindles for the 97+ DAKs. You can
get 2" A arms made by Western chasis. I have a set(yet to be installed)
but you can contact Gary Ludwick(gludwick@csi.com) for details. Gary has
installed the same kit on his DAK and he can point you to pictures of
the finished truck online.

Don't attempt to do the front lowering job with coils alone. From all
reports I've seen, any significant lowering with just coils results in
horrible bumpsteer being introduced to the truck. If you've never dealt
with bad bumpsteer, let's just say sudden stops can get real
interesting<grin>.

Bob