Replacing wheel lug???

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 13:49:58 EDT

another is well on its way. (The stripped one doesn't even
have a lug nut on it at the moment.) I need to replace them ASAP,
but I can't figure out how to get the lug out of the wheel! (This
is for a rear wheel, and I have ABS, if that matters.)

 I took off the wheel and removed the brake drum; no problems.
But I can't figure out how to get the lug out of the wheel.
I tried to knock it out with a hammer, then I thought maybe
there was a little thread on it, so I tried a pipe wrench
in both directions, but it didn't budge.

  I checked in my FSM before starting this, but I couldn't
find anything about removing those lugs. (I did find something
about removing one for the front wheels on a 4x4, but nothing
for the rear wheels.)

  Help!! :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |