Rear-End Problems

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 14:35:49 EDT

I think the rear-end on my Dak is dying and/or dead. I took my old
driveshaft off. I was going to put the I bought on it, but after playing
with my rear diff, I think I might have more problems. I can move the
pinion part that's connected to the u-joint flange about 1/8 of a turn
before the wheels/axles move. It spins freely, then catches. Is this
normal, or am I screwed? I saw someone, I think it was Lance, that has a
rear for sale. Mine is a 93 Dak, I don't know what year yours is, but I
think I might become very interested in yours.

Someone help me PLEASE!!!!

Brian