RE: Rear-End Problems

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 19:30:41 EDT

Brian,
Pull the rear-end cover off and check the pinion (make sure you haven't
broken any teeth off). If you have broken teeth,
it will be time for rear-end replacement or rebuild. If everything looks
ok, then just replace the cover and change
the gear oil. Additional note, raise the rear tires and rotate the
pinion at the u-joint flange, that way you can see all of the
teeth on the pinion and ring gear.