RE: 1989 ECM]

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 17:39:59 EDT

Jim,

This time I have better news for you. If you can find any of the
following, they can help you.
        Car Quest
        Advance Auto Parts
        Big A Auto Parts
        Checker Auto Parts,
        any small auto parts store (jobber).
Any of the above or any parts store that deals with the manufacture
"Standard Motor Products Inc" can get you a rebuilt ECM or have yours
rebuilt. The
Standard Motor Products PN that directly crosses with yours (4379.927)
is EM194. It will sometimes be prefixed with additional numbers, but the
PN
EM194 is the one that you want. Standard Motor Products phone number is
(718) 729-4357, they generally don't deal with individuals but if you
explain
your situation and give them your zip-code, they can give you a store
that carries their products. The individual that I talked to said that
the warehouse
does have the computer in stock. If you need to call Std. Motor
Products, stay on the line and wait for a tech. Let me know what
happens.

Frank