Re: Borla fits perfect, but I have questions???:)

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 16:55:51 EDT

>>The spare tire is very close though. Anybody think I
>should leave it there or take it off?<<

It'll be fine! =) don't worry!

>> The tips are awefully close to the truck paint. Within 1 inch.
>Anybody think that it'll melt my paint??<<<

naaawww! My tips exit right underneath the paint on my Dak and it won't
melt the paint. You'll be fine =)

>>> Also it has some leakage a
>little around the joints. Is that a big problem?<<<

yep

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox, mods include:
Edelbrock Headers, High Flow Cat, Flowmaster 2 Chamber, K&N, DDBC (thanks
Mike!)
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"Horn's broken, watch for finger" =)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:38:44 -0500 Douglas Bowerman
<bowermdw@mailhost.ind.ameritech.net> writes:
>Hey all,
> I got the Borla Dual Exit installed on my long bed DAK. It was a
>perfect fit. The spare tire is very close though. Anybody think I
>should leave it there or take it off? If I leave it there should I
>put
>some heat resistant tape around the tire or something? I can't get to
>the hardware store until tomorrow. So I'll have to drive to work as
>is. The tips are awefully close to the truck paint. Within 1 inch.
>Anybody think that it'll melt my paint?? Also it has some leakage a
>little around the joints. Is that a big problem? Just a little putt
>putt sorta.
>Doug (gots my Borla, needs my headers) Bowerman

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]