A friends Dakota problem

From: Vanderburg (vanderbu@silk.net)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 23:22:06 EDT

A friend at work (husband & wife) who isn't on the net has ask me to ask you
folks if you know what their problem is with their truck? Listed below are
their words on the problem.

MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME FIND OUT WHATS WRONG WITH Our DAKOTA?

AT LOW (IT SEEMS) RPM IT HAS A HESITATION AND IS BACKFIRING.
WE ARE NOT GETTING GOOD FUEL MILEAGE AT ALL.
WE HAVE CHANGED THE COIL, AND THE EGR SYSTEM (IT WAS MELTED-Reason unknown)
NOTHING HAS WORKED SO FAR.
CAN YOU HELP?
ITS A 1992 AUTOMATIC, MAGNUM V8 5.2LITRE
THANKS
Ps it doesn't need plugs either.

I will pass all you suggestion on to them. so please tell me what you know