rpm thoughts and jet chip update

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sat Aug 15 1998 - 01:20:03 EDT

A while back I had posted a question on a problem I was having.
The problem was that the engine ( 5.2 auto trans. ) would stumble get
flat at about 4700 rpm then would continue to pull very slowly to the
rev limiter. Everything that I have done has not changed this problem (
Jet stageII, cat back, TB mods.,
Open element air cleaner ).
Tonight on the way home from work I was fooling around making some power
runs and decided to open the throttle gradually rather than tromping to
the floor to see if it would do the same thing, well to my surprise this
thing pulled like a freight train and revved allot faster and from 4700
- 5300 was so quick that I didn't have time to shift from 1st to 2nd. I
tried this several times and it pulled the same every time. As long as I
didn't put it to the floor from the get go and eased it up it ran very
strong.
If this thing would pull this hard while flooring off the bat the shift
point could be raised up to about 5100- 5200 and this thing would be one
fast truck.
My question now is that could this problem be caused by the injector
timing being off or maybe fuel pressure is to low?
I am going to play with the distributor adjustment on saturday to see
if moving it will make any difference.
Also an update on my jet chip. I called the tech line about not feeling
any improvement, he said that it will take a few miles for it to fully
change any setting
( at least 30 or more ). Well I have to say that I have put over 150
mile on it since installing it and man was he right, this thing runs
much better now and gets about 2-3 more MPG.
How about some thoughts on the RPM deal??????????????????
Colin H.