Re: RE: Mirror fix / Benzene smell

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 15:56:59 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/98 9:46:47 PM EST, edgarperez@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< If you have a bug deflector, taking it off will stop the mirror from doing
 that. The deflector somehow creates the wind tunnel that your mirror is
 getting caught in. I took mine of for a while that is why I know. I drive
 800 highway miles a week. I know have a Mirage by Deflectasheild which has
 a different design which does not make it shake as much. Not a 100% cure
 but I can us the deflector at highway speeds. >>

Interesting point. I experienced the same deal (see previous post about
tightening mirrors). My mirror still folded in, but it was much worse with
the delfector.

I also noticed that I could not ride in my truck with the windows down with
the delfector - the noisy turbulence around the cab was terrible. However, in
the first week without the deflector, I cracked my windshield.

I also suspected that the deflector would affect gas mileage, but It didn't
seem to make any difference.

Anyhow, I'm leaving it off for now. (BTW - It is an older style Prime Design
Deflector)

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto