Throttle bodies again.. (was: 98 R/T power mod's questions)

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 12:04:57 EDT

<< I have the Super Street TB in my 96. I love it!!! It wakes up the low
 end like you would not believe. The only thing that sucked is the time
 frame you have to wait to get it. Unless you pull yours off, you will
 have some time to dream about the torque increase.
 George J Hooper >>

Jules' claims to have flow-benched his throttle bodies. Has he claimed any
flow numbers to anyone? What about those little walls that sort of follow the
bore up above the TB ? They are part of the casting. Does he mill those or
keep them in place? Someone earlier mentioned they could be a possible
restriction in the airflow, but maybe it channels the air sort of like a
velocity stack would ? A flow bench would really take alot of the guesswork
out of this.

There is really no mystery work here, but I'm still interesting in this magic
teflon coating and how well it really outflows polished aluminum. I've worked
with a few things (vacuum molds) anodized with a teflon impregnation before,
it definatly has a different feel than aluminum, but how well does it
work.....

ttyl
Patrick