RE: Throttle bodies again.. (was: 98 R/T power mod's questions)

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@kp.org)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 01:48:10 EDT

Hay Patrick,

I have three TB's from 5.9's and I do have access to a flow bench. I can
get the throttle plates or I can make them. What I need to know is how
large a throttle
plate anyone has placed in the throttle body's without problems. There
is the TPS (throttle position sensor) that we need to contend with. More
air means less
clicks on the TPS. Boring out the TB is no problem and getting the TB
Teflon coated can be done by any plating house. Once I know the numbers,
and make the
tooling, the actual work on any TB should take less time than it takes
to type in this message. Do you know anyone that has a TB with larger
plates????
Let me know.
        Frank