Re: V6 Valve noise

From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 11:18:52 EDT

<<
 Badakota@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I have a '98 Dakota with a 3.9 V6 with less than 10,000 miles and I hear
valve noise on acceleration. When it was new it was quiet. It seams to have
gotton worse over time. I've tried diffrent grades of gas with no results. I
took it back to the dealer and they said that the 3.9's have some valve noise.
I'm kinda skeptical about that. I would greatly appreciate any info or maybe
even a Bulletin on the problem so I can get it taken care of. Thanks.

I know this will sound like a crock but it's true. What the hell, it will
only run you about $10. Anyway, I had a '93 Ford Probe aka Mazda for a while.
The engine was quiet when I first bought it but after a few thousand miles, it
began to get noisy, sounding like valve noise. I got on the internet Probe
list (just like DML) and found I was not alone. The fix was a bottle or two
of Techron added to gas according to the instructions on the bottle. I had
to do this every 3,500 miles or so but it actually worked. I can't speak to
any other additive. I'm not affiliated with Chevron in any way, yada, yada,
etc, etc. Hope this helps.
Tom Ware