Re: V6 Valve noise

From: Thomas J Vacchino (tommyv@thecia.net)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 20:24:19 EDT

Badakota@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I have a '98 Dakota with a 3.9 V6 with less than 10,000 miles and I hear valve noise on acceleration. When it was new it was quiet. It seams to have gotton worse over time. I've tried diffrent grades of gas with no results. I took it back to the dealer and they said that the 3.9's have some valve noise. I'm kinda skeptical about that. I would greatly appreciate any info or maybe even a Bulletin on the problem so I can get it taken care of. Thanks.

Join the noisy v-6 club!!.......I have a 92 with the same problem. I
went back to the dealer(s) at least 4 times, and got a n array of
excuses. From loud fuel injectors, magnums are just noisey, fanbelt!!
etc etc.......I finally gave up going to dealers, my garage says it's
definetly the lifters/vavles. I'm rebuilding my engine anyway.
Wish I had a better answer for ya, your not alone though!!

"psychonaut"