Re: 98 R/T power mod's questions

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 08:16:40 EDT

<< If I recall right , I think Steve is using a set for a pre-97 .
  Didn't you have a cooling problem with that , Steve ?

Jack,
Magnum Performance sold the Auto Specialties u.d. pulleys as a 98 set, with
the only installation problem being my R/T water pump pulley is pressed on, NO
CAPSCREWS!
Yes, on a 100 F day while in stop n go traffic the temp gage ran to the right
of the 210 (with the 180 F thermo) mark by about an 1/8", which I found
disconcerting.
I assume this was caused by the crank pulley turning the water pump pulley too
slow, which in retrospect tells me I don't need the water pump pulley. BTW,
didn't someone say the water pump pulley diameter has been increased by Dodge
this year for less parasitic drag anyway? I don't have a problem with the
alternator so far.
Also, has anyone had any experience with the Mag Perf. modified throttle
bodies?
Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston