Re: power pulleys

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 15 1998 - 14:49:37 EDT

<< I don't know about others but mine is a daily driver in bad winter and
 summers so I sure wouldn't want to sacrifice any of the Alternators charging
 abilities. Not even a tiny bit. I think most are waiting to see what price
 range you come up with to help them decide. Maybe a price range? >>

You could run the stock alt. pulley, or I could make a matching one in the
stock diameter. No big deal, I'm flexable. It's not the Machine or Tooling
costs, that's no big deal, but for me to offer a reasonable price on these
pulleys I need to buy enough stock of each diameter to make apx. 95-100 sets
of pulleys.. The DML is a starting point, but I'm continously checking into
other advertising methods.

I still haven't gotten the first set machined just yet, but the $150 range (no
more, probably less) still seems to be the magic # for a 3 pc set comparable
to other brands out there. Once I get things going, it will be cheaper. Thats
the ballpark estimate I got from figuring out a price after I got the material
quotes. I'll keep everyone updated.

ttyl
Patrick