Re: Questions

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 21:09:41 EDT

At 10:18 AM 8/17/98 -0700, you wrote:
>1) Those who bought the JBA headers: Any of you have a 96? Did the
>purchase include the Y pipe?
>
>2) Anyone with the two piece drive shaft: Any one experience a "bump,
>bump, bump" sensation when starting from stop? (more pronounced with a
>load in the bed). Anybody do a swap to a one piece drive shaft from an
>earlier Dak?
>
>Thanks,
> Jon H

To answer question #2

I had more of a thumping noise for awhile, and something that felt like the
drivetrain binding up. My front driveshaft busted 'cause of a little to
much burnout action awhile later. I pulled the cover on my rear-end today,
and suprise, trashed differential. I DO NOT think this is what you're
experiencing, though. I vainly tried to get a custom built 'shaft for my
CC. No one would build a 1 piece. A totally new two-piece from Inland
Driveline was like $650 or something!! From my understanding, the 98 R/T
CC has a 1 piece, but it is to short to fit 'cause the rear differential is
larger.

If you can find somene to build a 1 piece 'shaft, please tell me!!!

Brian