RE: leakage was:R/T JBA header install

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 09:52:08 EDT

Richard,
The JBAs do not leak at all! I was refrring to the factory installed
leaks that I discovered when I removed the stock exhaust logs. I could
see carbon traces on the left head and manifold extending beyond the
machined surfaces. The Mopar factory saw fit to not use gaskets, and
probably figured the "small" percentage that didnt seal up right away
would eventually seal with carbon and etc. over time. Once I fired up
the R/T with the JBAs It was a lot quieter in the engine compartment
than with the stock manifolds, I figure part of the "quiet" was getting
rid of the factory exhaust leak. I drove about 45 miles yesterday and
the JBAs are fine with no loosening or leakage that I can detect.
BKB