Drive Shafts

From: JHambleton@diabloresearch.com
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 12:17:29 EDT

        One piece drive shafts for CC's with V8's. My 90 V6 had a one
piece drive shaft. If the splines on the transmission output shaft are
the same for V8 and V6 then the other variable would be the Diff yoke.
Can anyone on the list verify that the splines on the out put shaft are
the same between V6 and V8 trucks? Can anyone verify that the yokes are
the same?
        IF the splines and the yoke are the same then all we really need
to do is order a drive shaft for a 90 CC and install it. That drive
shaft was huge in diameter, and looked as though it would handle the
Cummins Diesel.

        BTW, I checked with the dealership on the "bump, bump, bump"
thing and they said "yes we are aware of this in the Ram two piece, and
there is probably going to be a TSB on it soon". I haven't followed up
yet to see if there is actually a TSB out.

Jon H