Re: JBA Headers

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 19:47:37 EDT

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 JHambleton@diabloresearch.com wrote:

> I asked this before but maybe it was buried and so over looked
> by the list. Do the JBA headers come with the Y pipe? Does JBA sell a Y
> pipe?

  No, the JBA's do not come with the Y pipe, and JBA currently does not
offer a Y pipe. They are developing a Y pipe for the R/T though, using
one of our DML member's trucks (Bruce?) to prototype it. I don't know
if they plan to offer a Y pipe for any other models.

  There is a company called ATR which sells a stainless Y pipe which
they claim is good for "huge" horsepower gains. (About $180) They only
guarantee that it will fit on a '95 though. I'm researching this and
I'll let the list know what I find out.

  Just as a funny/sick aside, I called the Dodge dealer recently to find
some part numbers on the stock Y pipes for a couple of different years.
The jerk refused to give me the part numbers or tell me if they
were the same part number or not. They did give me the prices though
(which was the same for both model years). Get this: they wanted over
$500 for a crappy stock Y pipe!! The scary part is that there are
probably people out there who pay these prices and don't realize
the con job that the dealer is pulling on 'em. Heck, for half that
you could have a muffler place do up a real nice custom jobbie...

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |