Re: JBA-LEAKS

From: the bobster (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 02:30:17 EDT

Hi list

We still have minor leaks at the headers to Y-pipe.

The pipes have been dropped more times than we will admitt....

I think it was Richard that said the headers came with doughnuts
to seal the headers to y-pipe connection....

These were not included with ours....JBA has now sent them to us.

We are now waiting for an improved Y-pipe before we drop the pipes
 again...

The quality of the headers are excellant...we got a couple of tenths
at the strip but low to mid range on the street is much improved.

The Klingons, however have destroyed the overdrive portion of my
tranney and the focus has changed from the headers to a transmission
rebuild or upgrade....

My son says to buy a 360 and 5-speed from a wrecked later model...
He says then at least we will know what we have to work with....

Sounds like an Eric influence to me.....

I think a crate hemi would work also but $13K is a little steep....

Our Dak has been a real maintence hog the last year, wheel bearings,
busted rear diff, clutch fan,and now dead OD....

 On a different note,I want to echo the thanks to Jack for putting the
header deal together..I hope JBA builds a Y-pipe for the older dinosaur
Daks(92),going by the quality of the headers I'd like to be first in
line.

live long and don't get stuck with an orange uniform....

rob lipinski