Re: Torquing JBA Header Bolts Was:Donut Things

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 20 1998 - 15:32:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/98 9:05:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

<< 1.) How the hell did you guys get a torque wrench on the bolts?!
      With the bends in these pipes there is NO WAY I'm gonna' be able to
      get my torque wrench on at least three of the six bolts per side... >>

I torqued all that I could get on to and the used 2 - 7/16 wrenchs together
(box end on bolt and box of 2nd wrench on to open end of first, give more
leverage) and then put it on one of the torqued bolts to get a feel of how
tight the correct torque would feel with the wrenches and then used that
method on the bolts that you can not get a torqe wrench on. One I could not
get a box on (I think left side 2nd from front) just got it best I could with
open end.

Bill