Re: 2 in and 1 out cat converter

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 20 1998 - 08:18:02 EDT

The R/T is supposed to have a cat in which both down pipes remain seperate
and enter the cat seperately .

This has reportedly made it easier for some to install headers since the
pipes are not connected , it makes them much easier to adjust to get them
on the collectors .

There has been at least one DML member that has said his came with the one
inlet cat (like the 5.2 Daks) but this was a factory screw-up , it's not
supposed to be there .

At 07:52 AM 8/20/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>Please inform me about the thread discussing the 2 in and 1 out cat
>converter, do some of the R/T's have this type and some have 1 in and 1 out
>like mine?
>For header installation, is one better than the other?
>Regards,
>Steve Waller in Houston TX

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab