Re: RE: RE: JBA Y Pipes??was:JBA Headers

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 13:42:10 EDT

Mok, Alan (SPB Brentwood) wrote:

> I would like to replace the dual inlet cat and use a single hi-flow 3"
> unit instead. However I don't think it will be legal since smog laws
> says that you can't replace the cat unless it fails or after 50k miles.
>
> Even without a replacement cat mandrel bent Y-pipes will be a huge step
> forward.

Alan,

It most certainly won't be legal, at least not in Calif. However, have
you ever watched they guys doing smog inspections nowadays? Geez, the
last time I had my Typhoon done before I sold it, I had taken a stock
fuel pressure regulator because I knew the adjustable one on there
wasn't legal. The guy looked at me like "what's that for?" and went
ahead and smogged it anyway.

Visuals are real sketchy at best in my experience. And I've NEVER seen
any of them go to the trouble of crawling under the vehicle.

Bob