Wrecked by rice burner

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Aug 21 1998 - 11:38:59 EDT

    Having just gone thru this (almost exactly) on my car, I have some
suggestions for you.

    My car was totalled by my accident, since your truck was not (big shock, a
Dakota can handle a rear ending better than a Shadow ^_^) make certain to get
full value for the accident. There is something called "Reduced Resale Value"
that all insurance companies WILL pay but don't unless they are asked for it.
 It covers the reduction of value your vehicle suffers by being in an accident
and if you try to resale it you must disclose that it was in an accident and
the buyer will likely give you less money for it. This payment is to make up
that difference: BE SURE YOU GET IT NOW (they won't pay it later). If they
feed you a line like "We don't have any such thing" be sure you tell them that
your attorney knows all about it and will be more than happy to sue them for
it plus court and attorney fees.
    My biggest advice is: don't screw around with things. Get a good attorney
immediately. Get every dime you can because these things (injuries) can be
with you the rest of your life. I'm totally screwed because the idiot that
hit me only had MINIMUM California insurance ($5K physical, $15K medical).
That barely covers my medical expenses and leaves me with crap for a lifetime
of injuries. Now I have to try and get blood from a turnip and sue this guy:
unfun: really unfun.

Shaun
Tustin, CA