Re: Dakota R/T Goodies?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 23 1998 - 11:06:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/98 10:43:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DGlock@sphere.com writes:

<< I'm pleased with overall performance but I'm a manual tranny guy
 and find the performance of the 518 in the R/T lacking. I checked with Mopar
Performance
 and they say no shift kit is yet available. I'm looking for stronger
downshifts and
 firmer upshifts. Also, it appears that there is a Jet chip available for the
Dakota.
 Anyone care to comment on this? Especially in the R/T? How about cat-back
or even full
 dual exhaust? Supercharger? Better seats for the awesome handling of the
R/T?

Dave, I have a 95 Dak with a 360 5spd with 4.10 suregrip for sale! It smokes
R/Ts, camaros, mustangs and vettes! Its got polished and ported throttle
body, plenum reduced and shortend runners in the intake, K&N open element,
pulleys, true dual exhaust with JBA headers, MP hipo computer, Centerforce
clutch and Viper seats to hold ya in! I G-Teched it last night while racing a
new Camaro SS and it was running consistant 13.70's! I ran it alone after the
SS didnt want anything to do with me! I ordered a 98 Ram 4X4 so I would stop
modifying my daily driver and focus on my house! Plus My dad has a guy that
he works with at SHAP that wants to sell me his 62 Savoy with a 413 Max Wedge
manual!! Woohoo!! So now I have a daily driver/tow vehicle and my weekend
warrior!
Later
Eric