Dakota R/T Goodies?

From: DGlock@sphere.com
Date: Sun Aug 23 1998 - 10:44:10 EDT

Greetings! I am new to the Dakota Mailing List but certainly not new to Mopardom. We just
added a Dakota R/T to our stable of Mopars which includes a '69 Runner, a '70 Road Runner,
a '69 Superbee, a '70 Dart, and a '95 Neon Sport. I wanted a sports car but the closet
affordable vehicle out of Chrysler is the Dakota. Since I needed a Truck too and I was
lucky to find an R/T, I was convinced!

The R/T is a Club Cab version. Question is - what modifications can be made to this guy?
I see that a K&N filter is available and I'm about to put some Castrol Syntec in the
crankcase. What else? I'm pleased with overall performance but I'm a manual tranny guy
and find the performance of the 518 in the R/T lacking. I checked with Mopar Performance
and they say no shift kit is yet available. I'm looking for stronger downshifts and
firmer upshifts. Also, it appears that there is a Jet chip available for the Dakota.
Anyone care to comment on this? Especially in the R/T? How about cat-back or even full
dual exhaust? Supercharger? Better seats for the awesome handling of the R/T?

Any suggestions are appreciated. I already blew a couple of late 90s Corvettes away but
I think that they were mostly caught off-guard. I want to be sure that most Mustangs and
Camaros also take a beating.

Thanks!

Dave Glock
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)