JBA heat... WAS: JBA headers installed!

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sun Aug 23 1998 - 23:15:35 EDT

> One thing that saved me a bit of time was using an
> impact wrench to remove the Y pipe bolts.

CHEATER!!!!! You're supposed to do it the hard way like I had to...
;-)

> One thing that I noticed was that they headers heat up VERY quickly,
> and cool down quickly as well.

Jon, you are the first one to comment on the heat from these headers.
 I'm curious as to others thoughts on the heat. I'm just about ready
 to send my thorleys off to get coated, just wondering how much of a
 difference this might make. What kind of coating is this on the
 JBA's? A friend
 of mine had some headers put on his LT1 patrol car not long ago, and
 after they were installed they ran it on the dyno and after one pull
 they shut it off and I felt of the headers and they felt supprisingly
 cool after being ran up to 5000 + rpms.... They were Arizona Speed &
 Marine headers I think, the coating was a ceramic coating from what I
 gathered, looked exactly like the JBA coating. I'm probably going to
 send mine to HPC, anyone know of a better place or better coating to
 get?

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html