Fwd: Wrecked by rice burner

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 12:03:01 EDT

   Heh, I wish it were that simple: I *DO* have underinsured motorist
coverage. However, underinsured motorist coverage only covers -medical
expenses- and nothing else. Since my medical bills don't go beyond the $15k,
the underinsured motorist doesn't kick in. It means, all the insurance
companies and doctors get paid but I don't get crap for having to deal with
this pain for the rest of my life.
   The worst part of this whole thing is that insurance companies get paid to
take these risks yet get treated as if they are equal claimants as the injured
parties. They get to recoup all their costs and we get zlitch. I've paid
over $10,000 dollars to my insurance company in the last seven years and they
are losing $0 on an accident they should've been protecting me from.
Insurance is a Con game, they make all the money and take none of the risk.
When something big happens and they do have to shell out, they whine about
"profit margins" and such. Yeah, I'm a little bitter. I should have had all
these bozos talking to an attorney from day one. This way I wouldn't have to
be so frustrated with the system and he/she could slap them around with that
legal mumbo-jumbo and I might have gotten some compensation out of this.

Shaun
Tustin, CA