RE: RE:IS: new R/T track times was: Jet II question for Frank H. III

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 11:53:57 EDT

DML,
Went to the track saturday with the R/T. It was hot 90+deg. and 65%
humidity. The R/T ran consistent15.4s with a 15.3 too! Its best previous
time was 15.77. Now, the mystery. My top speeds were 10 mph slower than my
previous, slower runs. Bone stock I was consistently turning 15.8 at 86
mph, now, with my mods Im doing 15.4 at 78 mph?? I have a JETII, JBA
headers, a home brew cold air system w/K&N drop in. At the track I removed
the air cleaner at the throttle body with no change to ET or top speed. Im
baffled as to the change, but pleased with the ET improvements (.4seconds).
I took the JET chip out after I got home and I could feel a reduction part
throttle pull, but the top end seemed to come back. Now if I could get both
14s might be possible. I did beat a 5.0 stang (and a supercharged honda)
but the 6 pack road runner was a little out of the Daks leage (12.2 ET).
The fastest car at the track was a stock looking 92 stang that turned 9.6
and scared the driver (dual paxton superchargers on a 351 clevland)
Why is my top end so slow....
Bruce