Re: RE: Trans. Temp.

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 19:17:52 EDT

Holloway,Frank T wrote:

> Bob,
> I'll be over at the Dodge Dealership I do business with this week. I'll
> take a look at the 44RE filter setup. If the 44RE is anything like the
> 46RE, there could be
> different filters you could run. This won't change the fact that the TCI
> pan is shallower (less fluid), but the finned aluminum pan does help
> cool the fluid. The drain
> plug makes fluid changes easy. I'll also take a look at the pan gaskets
> and other pan options. Unfortunately, B&M and TCI are about the only
> options out there.

Thanks Frank.

When I called TCI today about dimensions on the 127900 part no., the guy
acted like I was speaking a foreign language.

Yeah, I know I'm from CA and he's from Miss., but come on. Didn't think
it would be that hard for him to look at one on the shelf, worst case.
No dealer in my area will stock that pan, so without dimensions I'd be
taking a shot ordering one.

I was a bit surprised to find the stock pan as deep as it is. I just
want the added convenience of a drain plug, plus an aluminum unit might
help some slight bit with heat dissipation.

Bob