Re: Cat back exhaust systems

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 22:59:47 EDT

FWIW
I am using a Hooker Aero Chamber muffler with center in and out with 3" in/out
as well, and used a flowmaster 3"-2.5 adapter ( very smooth transition to 3")
with the 96 Ram diesel tail pipe ( very nice pipe all mandrel bends, looks good
). Then all you need is to get a short piece of 3" aluminized pipe to go from
the cat to the muffler and your in business. You will have to cut a little off
of the end of the tail pipe so it doesn't stick out to far ( about 2" ). Also
you will have to get the flowmaster adapter 2.5 end opened up so it will fit
over the 2.5 cat pipe. Since you are going to have to go the local muffler shop
to get a piece of 3" they should do it for you.
I have more power through out the trucks rpm range with this set up than with
the stock junk stuff.
Jegs has the muffler and flowmaster stuff as well.
Good luck
Colin