Re: R/T tranny downshift& TCC lockup

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 08:21:33 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/98 7:06:39 AM Central Daylight Time, O26ON4@aol.com
writes:

> Do all the R/T trannys hesitate ( at least a full second) before
> downshifting
> upon WOT ? My other cars have always instantly downshifted, most times WOT
> on
> them is not required, just a quick 3/4 throttle depress will cause the
> kickdown. This really bugs me when I need to pass in a hurry, floorboard it
> and then whistle a tune while I wait for the kickdown, if it kicks down at
> all. Is this normal, can it be adjusted or do I have to Iearn to live with
> it?
> Also, can the torque converter lockup point (speed) be adjusted up, after
> talking with the dealer, I got the impression it may adjustable. I would
> prefer the TCC to lock at around 55 mph, which is where I have my Turbo T/A
> set.
> Regards,
> Steve Waller in Houston
Steve,
I think this may have something to do with the 46RE tranny. My 46RH instantly
downshifts. I did have to play with the cable adjustment to get it just
right. The 46RE is adjustable. But as you stated in your post, it is a
dealer adjustment, done with a computer. I don't think many dealers like to
play with this adjustment. Anyone else got any ideas?

Gene in Houston