R/T tranny downshift& TCC lockup

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 07:58:48 EDT

Do all the R/T trannys hesitate ( at least a full second) before downshifting
upon WOT ? My other cars have always instantly downshifted, most times WOT on
them is not required, just a quick 3/4 throttle depress will cause the
kickdown. This really bugs me when I need to pass in a hurry, floorboard it
and then whistle a tune while I wait for the kickdown, if it kicks down at
all. Is this normal, can it be adjusted or do I have to Iearn to live with it?
Also, can the torque converter lockup point (speed) be adjusted up, after
talking with the dealer, I got the impression it may adjustable. I would
prefer the TCC to lock at around 55 mph, which is where I have my Turbo T/A
set.
Regards,
Steve Waller in Houston