Re: Police Daks ?

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 14:36:22 EDT

>dont understand why the police can have their front windows tinted ....
and still pull us over for doing the same to our vehicles.
>Anyone else have that stupid law where you cant tint your front windows?
Or is
>it just in Cali?

It's everywhere . I *think* it's a federal law (?) .

I know here that you are only "allowed" to have a 5" strip on the front
winshield , BUT....I had my last Dak tinted in South Florida (they do it
CHEAP there) and the guy did it in Super Duper Dark Limo tint (highly
illegal) and gave me a 10" thick strip in the front .

I drove the '94 Dak that way until I traded it for the R/T (over 7 months)
and never had a cop even look crooked at me , even after going thru many
road blocks .

I guess enforcement depends on your attitude and mainly where you live .

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html