re: Plug wires & Distributor Cap for 98 ?

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 15:05:00 EDT

GS,

Installed all of the following in the past 2 months:
MSD 8.5mm Helicore wires
with a MSD Blaster Coil and MSD 6AL ignition control
Bosch Platinum plugs

The standard wires should be alright until about 20-30K.
Performance wires, while probably adding a little, don't help out too much
until you start to increase your spark energy (ie: install a performance
ignition setup).

I'll be interested to see what others are using for the Dist Cap/Rotor
setup. I've not been able to find any aftermarkets for my '95/318 - I know
mine is ready for replacement - but does an aftermarket offer any advantages
over the Mopar stock cap/rotor?

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil - MSD 8.5 wires
K&N FIPK
-------------
Original Text
From GSWILLHI@SMTPGATE (GSWillhite) {GSWillhite@ualr.edu}, on 25/8/98 15:01:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

OK Dakpak, What manufacturer of plug wires is everyone
using for the street (Magnecore or Moroso) 8.5 ?

How bout a distributor cap w/brass connectors ?

I know theres alot of related stuff in the archives, but
nothing seems definative. My truck is running well on
stock equip. so far, but I've heard about the wires giving
out pretty fast. Any experienced suggestions ?

Thanks always

GS

98 5.2L 5spd 3.92sg
P&P TBI FIPK
Allround "Onry Dak"....well with a good set of wires..maybe