re: Re: any gains in electrical mods ?

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 16:41:00 EDT

Out of curiosity and for my future reference..
what were the "symptoms" or negatives that others perceived
in the MSD (or other) ignition systems that prompted the return
to stock?
Duff

-------------
Original Text
From JOE@SMTPGATE (Joseph Dick) {joe@selu.edu}, on 25/8/98 16:12:
To: DAKOTA-T@SMTPGATE {dakota-truck@buffnet.net}

according to reliable sources, the ignition on a 98 is about as hot as it
can be for stock and no appreciable gains to be gained from a CD system,
wires on the other hand would benefit if you got 30 - 50 K miles on stock
ones. Several street rodders here are removing the MSD 6 s from their daks
saying just what Jack quoted below. Spend your money on a TBI instead.

Joe 98 CC SLT 5.2 Auto
----------
> From: W. Jack Hilton III <hemi@mindspring.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: any gains in electrical mods ?
> Date: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 2:19 PM
>
> >Performance wires, while probably adding a little, don't help out too
much
> >until you start to increase your spark energy (ie: install a performance

> >ignition setup).
>

> I remember a heated discussion a few months back in which it was
determined
> by more than a few that they actually saw a LOSS in performance when they
> switched to a "performance" ignition system .

-------------------------[ Content-type: text/html ]------------------------
face="Arial">according to reliable sources, the ignition on a 98 is about as
hot as it can be for stock and no appreciable gains to be gained from a CD
&nbsp;system, wires on the other hand would benefit if you got 30 - 50 K
miles on stock ones. Several street rodders here are removing the MSD 6 s
from their daks saying just what Jack quoted below. Spend your money on a
color="#FF0000">----------<br>&gt; From: W. Jack Hilton III &lt;<font
color="#FF0000"><br>&gt; Subject: DML: any gains in electrical mods
&gt;Performance wires, while probably adding a little, don't help out too
much <br>&gt; &gt;until you start to increase your spark energy (ie: install
remember a heated discussion a few months back in which it was
determined<br>&gt; by more than a few that they actually saw a LOSS in
performance when they<br>&gt; switched to a &quot;performance&quot; ignition
system . </p>