Re: Automatic Transmission Fluid

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 21:45:59 EDT

It has a little more friction modifiers.
Mobil can't say that their ATF will work in place of the 7176 ( there would be a
big law suit on that one ) but believe me , the Mobil 1 ATF will work better
than any other ATF on the market. On the last page of the instructions for the
Transgo VB kit it reads [ To reduce OD planet failure use synthetic ATF. If cost
is a big deal then put in 8 qt. of synthetic and fill the rest of the way with
dextron. We have had great success using Mobil 1 engine oil ]
You have to read between the lines here as well.

Colin H.