Re: '97 sport 4x4 Conversion?

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 12:05:46 EDT

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:50:45 -0400, you wrote:

>IS IT POSSIBLE AND WHAT COSTS ARE WE TALKING ABOUT, TO CONVERT 97 sport 4x2 TO 4X4?
>A recent proud new owner of a 97 sport, V6 eng. etc etc etc... It pretty much meets my needs and I have plans for future mods, once im back from poverty mode.
>Couldnt quite scrape together funds for a 4x4 when purchased, but loved the vehicle anyhow and still love it.

Just off the top of my head, I'd say it's not impossible, but it would
be easier to sell yours and buy a 4X4. The 4X has a torsion bar front
suspension, and the 2X has coils in the front (right?, never looked).
Besides that, the tranny/transfer case cross member is different, and
a ton of other parts.

        Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....