Re: '97 sport 4x4 Conversion?

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 21:12:25 EDT

Steve,

The swap you talk about is impossible, without a major incurrence in
cost.....why....the front of the new Dak is completely different from
4x2 to 4x4. The 4x4 uses a torsion bar suspension, whereas the 4x2 is a
coil spring. The 4x2 uses a rack-and-pinion, the 4x4 uses a conventional
drag link type steering. If you compare these side-by-side, you will notice
the front half of the frame is completely diffrent.
If you want a 4x4, sell the 4x2. Also note, if yo but a 4x4 with the V-6,
you will be very underpowered, the 4x4's can weight up to a 1000lbs
heavier.