Re: '97 sport 4x4 Conversion?

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 13:00:29 EDT

At 01:50 PM 8/26/98 , you wrote:

> IS IT POSSIBLE AND WHAT COSTS ARE WE TALKING ABOUT, TO CONVERT 97 sport 4x2
> TO 4X4?
> A recent proud new owner of a 97 sport, V6 eng. etc etc etc... It pretty
much
> meets my needs and I have plans for future mods, once im back from poverty
> mode.
> Couldnt quite scrape together funds for a 4x4 when purchased, but loved the
> vehicle anyhow and still love it.

When I bought my Dak I was talking to the salesman about all the 4X4 Rams they
had. He said there was a big demand for 4X4 Rams (I guess for all the snow we
have here in North Texas (current temperature 102)) but they were in short
supply from CC. Anyway, they got some conversion kits and converted a bunch of
2wds to 4wd. They were several thou more than a factory 4wd but at least it
could be done to a Ram. Don't know about a Dak. Best bet would probably be to
trade.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See-- "Candy in the Medicine Cabinet"