Re: Re: jba headers...no leaks

From: the bobster (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 19:36:32 EDT

I'm curious about these donuts I've heard so much about. I called Jeff
Bell
to ask about them(My y pipes are leaking just a bit) and he said there
is no
such thing. Please explain?

Jason

List: These mystery doughnuts arrived two days after I called JBA
to ask about them.

They were made of steel and as someone else described, they were almost
like the end of your Y-pipe but fit inside.

My system trashed out the other day and I lost a bunch of my saved
e-mail...so I can't say who it was that turned me on to the "doughnuts",
but I think Steve was his first name....

We are getting a bunch of practice dropping pipes...the tranney will
probably be changed out this weekend, so the Y-pipe will come down
again.

My post about the death of my overdrive got a "its dead Jim, its dead."

Not much help , but the bottom line is about $1200-$1600 to rebuild,
and $750 for a salvage yard special.....Phoenix Az prices...

Eric...nothing in the 360-5spd turned up...the paper today did have a
 V10 setup from a 3/4 ton for $3500....that would get us into the 15.0's
pretty easily I guess.....

Patrick...were you a contact for a Y-back system?....also can someone
repost the info on the manufacturer of the Y-pipe that is currently
available...thanks...

rob lipinski
charger69rt@inficad.com