Update on shifting problem...

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 11:36:47 EDT

   Here's another problem I've noticed with my transmission shifts (just
happened to be paying attention to it this morning). Not only does it
ping-pong at about 30mph, but at over 50 mph: if I let off the gas, a moment
or two later it "downshifts" out of OD and I get that neat decelleration
feeling. Shouldn't it coast in OD and downshift when the speed no longer
supports that gear? Maybe I'm dealing with a TC lockup problem.
   I had hoped the transmission would be smarter than this. I think I'm going
to take it in to the dealer and let them play with it. The truck is only 4
months old.

Shaun
Tustin, CA