Re: JET Chip - What's the verdict?

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 20:25:50 EDT

At 04:28 PM 8/28/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Dave, I'm sorta in the same boat as you. However, I plan on getting the
>R/T kit for mine. I will wait for the chip and get the headers and maybe
>the cam at the same time. The Mopar chip will raise the redline I
>believe but requires premium unleaded. I don't drive mine that much so
>gas cost is not a big deal.
>
>Dave T.
>'97 Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
>Homemade Ram Air
>K&N FIPK clone
>Gibson dual cat-back
>http://members.xoom.com/tnadoman

My MP SBEC requires premium fuel (93 V8). The Mopar chip does not change
part throttle settings. It only changes full throttle settings. Or at
least that's how the 92-96 SBEC's are supposed to be. They might or might
not change it for the 97-98's. I would like better part throttle response,
like everyone with the Jet chip has. But from what I understand it doesn't
affect the full throttle as much as the MP SBEC. When I swapped to the MP
SBEC there was a very noticeable SOP difference. From 2200 rpm up, it
pulled a lot better (when floored).

Just my experience.

Brian