Re: Bilstein Origins

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 21:11:20 EDT

Bilstein is a German company, They've been around for a lot of years (one of
the oldest shock companies).
All Bilstein shocks are a monotube design. They are generally considered
one of the best on the market for quality.
I used to work for an OEM shock supplier and we did competetive assessment
on all of our competitors....Bilstein...Edelbrock..etc.
I always found that their construction was excellent. I was not very
impressed with the edelbrock system. It looked a bit fragile
to me, but that's just my opinion.

Gary Pinkley