RE: Re: Bilstein shocks Re: another ? about shocks and lowering.. .

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 16:06:58 EDT

DML,
I swear by Bilsteins. My (I hate to mentionit) 90 tbird @ 19K miles was
bounding over freeway dips so much I thought Id loose control. I put
Bilstein shocks on it and it now feels like its glued to the road. Ive got
KYBs on my other cars, and they stiffen the ride, but dont have the control
the Bs have. The Bs also do not significantly stiffen the ride, which in my
mind is a job for the springs and sway bars, not the shocks. Th rebound
control is awesome. I am anxiously waiting for Bilsteins to come available
for the 98 R/T dak!! I will use no other (unless they are not available).
Disclaimer: the Tbird was given to me by my grandfather to get him around.
He pays the bills for it and he likes the Bilsteins. Hes 86 and even he
could notice the improved handling!
One downside is that they are German and very expensive. usually around
90.00 for a shock and 150.00 + for a strut...
BKB